Second Annual CTE Fair a Success

Honokaa High School Second Annual CTE Fair was held on April 13, 2023.

Senior Kelsie Kalai-Pine and Freshmen Mackenzie Mizuba

The CTE  Fair showcase was organized and hosted by the Honokaa DECA branch. CTE stands for Career and Technical Education. DECA stands for Distributive Education Club of America. DECA is  our school’s business club. Freshman Mackenzie Mizuba (DECA Professional Relations Officer) and Marley McIntyre were the head planners of this year’s fair. In planning the fair all DECA Club members learned skills in organizing and event planning. Mr. Mendoza’s, the Ceca Club Advisor had his business students present their projects during the fair as their year final. Their presentations were  judged on their performances by business professionals from the community. 

This year’s fair hosted booths by all of our school’s pathways and quite a few clubs. Some of the clubs participating  were Journalism Club,  Digital Production and Agriculture.  All the booths were fun, interactive and educational. The purpose of the fair was to educate everyone on all the available pathways and clubs we have at our school. Our school even had the opportunity to have students from Paauilo come and see the CTE fair.

Thank you to Mr. Ric Mendoza for spearheading this year’s CTE Fair.  This fair took a lot of effort and organization, from communicating with the staff and teachers to the awesome decorations DECA produced for the fair including an awesome balloon arch. The teachers and attendees proclaimed this fair a success.