The Dragon Post

The Student News Site of Honokaʻa High and Intermediate School

The Dragon Post

The Dragon Post

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Basketball, a Man, and a Plan

Interview with Senior Ball Player Enry Benry

This Winter season, the Honoka’a Boy’s Basketball Team is filled with many striving seniors who want to take home the BIIF Championship. We decided to interview Enry Benry for his insights on his season so far.

DP- Why did you choose to play basketball this year?

Enry- I chose to play basketball this year for several reasons. The main reason is that I believe God has placed a gift within me that I can polish or uncover through basketball. I don’t think the love for the game (which was placed in me since my diaper days) was placed in me just for me to stop at high school. I KNOW the man above has bigger plans for me. I believe God will lead me, help bless others, and make others’ lives more convenient through basketball in the most unexpected and perfect ways.

DP- As a senior in high school, what do you hope to accomplish in your final year of basketball?

Enry- Win states.

DP- What is your greatest challenge so far this season?

Enry- It used to be my self, but I overcame that. I have been humbled enough by God to see the flaws hiding behind my pride and had the support from God and family to learn and grow not just as a hooper but in character. I’m not saying I am perfect. I know what I’m capable of, time and time again people tell me my game is nice, and I honestly feel underrated but I know my time will come, God’s plan, God’s timing. I’m on a race of my own to become the best version of myself not for my sake but to glorify God. Outside circumstances and the opinion of others upon my game I can’t control, so why fret when God got me.”

View Comments (1)